Friday, June 11, 2010

from John Brown

Personal / Cabinet level

Department of peace resolution

I, ________________________________, choose to recognize and awaken a Department within myself where Peace, Justice and Nonviolence are now the organizing principles of my life.

As my consciousness entrains and harmonizes with these principles, I pledge to encourage and support the adoption and implementation of The Department of Peace and Nonviolence (HB 808). I support this Inner Department as well as the legislative Department of Peace and Nonviolence with my creativity, genius, songs, intuition, love, logic, prosperity, influences, public declaration, taxes and my vote.

Signed: _____________________________________ Date: _______________

State: _____________________________ House District #: __________________

To grow and be nurtured by these organizing principles of Peace, Justice and Nonviolence, I ask you, the undersigned, for your help, support and witness.

I ask you to hold me accountable to these principles when I appear to be wandering off track, and to joyfully celebrate with me as I align with these principles.

I ask you to look within yourself and consider joining me in adopting an Inner Department of Peace, Justice and Nonviolence as well as the Cabinet level Department of Peace and Nonviolence.

We, the undersigned enthusiastically agree to give you, _____________ this support.

Signed Print Contact

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

_____________________________ ________________________ _____________________

For more information about The Department of Peace legislation, go to: www.thepeacealliance.org

With questions and comments about this resolution, e-mail John Brown: tbakjb@pacifier.com

© JDBrown 11/9/04 rev 3/07/07


The Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said; “My son, the battle is between 2 “wolves” inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, curiosity, delight, and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a moment and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied: “The one you feed.”

The Fourth Mindfulness Training

“Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech and the inability to listen to others, I vow to cultivate loving speech and deep listening in order to bring joy and happiness to others and relieve others of their suffering. Knowing that words can create happiness or suffering, I vow to learn to speak truthfully, with words that inspire self-confidence, joy and hope. I am determined not to spread news that I do not know to be certain and not to criticize or condemn things of which I am not sure. I will refrain from uttering words that can cause division or discord, or that can cause the family or community to break. I will make all efforts to reconcile and resolve all conflicts, however small.”

--- from “For a Future to Be Possible: Commentaries on the Five Wonderful Precepts” (1993) by Thich Nhat Hanh, et al. Parallax Press, Berkeley, Ca.


No comments:

Post a Comment